- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 640
- Carbohydrate Content: 74g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 2.7g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Spicy black bean tacos Recipe
Spicy black bean tacos is a Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, garlic cloves and black beans.
- Coriander - 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Garlic Clove - 1 small garlic clove
- Onion - 1 small white onion, finely diced
- Smoked Paprika - 1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Soured Cream - soured cream or coconut yogurt
- Lime - juice 1 lime
- Garlic Cloves - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cider Vinegar - 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- Ground Cumin - 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Black Beans - 3 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Flour Tortilla - 8-12 corn or flour tortillas
- Avocado - 2 avocados, halved and stoned
- Honey - 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- Chipotle - chipotle or other hot sauce
- Pomegranate Seed - 110g pack pomegranate seeds
- Green Chilli - 1 green chilli, sliced
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. Fry until golden, then add the beans. Pour in the cider vinegar, honey and spices along with 1 tsp or more of salt, to taste. Cook until warmed through, crushing gently with the back of your wooden spoon, then set aside.
- The best way to make the guacamole is with a large stone pestle and mortar, but you can use a medium bowl and a flat-ended rolling pin instead. Crush the garlic, coriander and chilli into a rough paste. Scoop in the avocado with a little salt and crush roughly - you want it chunky, not smooth. Squeeze in the lime juice and set aside.
- Mix the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Heat a griddle pan or steamer and quickly griddle the tortillas or steam a stack of them to warm up. Reheat the bean mixture.
- To serve, put 1-2 heaped tbsp of beans on a tortilla. Top with a big spoonful of guacamole and some salsa, hot sauce and a dollop of soured cream or yogurt.