- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 366
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 2.45g
Spicy chicken & bean stew
- chicken-thigh - 1 1/4 kg chicken thighs and drumsticks (approx. weight, we used a 1.23kg mixed pack)
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- red-chilli - 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- pepper - 250g frozen peppers, defrosted
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- kidney-bean - 420g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
- butter-bean - 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained
- chicken-stock - 400ml hot chicken stock
- coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- soured-cream - 150ml pot soured cream and crusty bread, to serve
- Pull the skin off the chicken and discard. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, brown the chicken all over, then remove with a slotted spoon. Tip in the onions, garlic and chillies, then fry for 5 mins until starting to soften and turn golden.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, beans and hot stock. Put the chicken back on top, half-cover with a pan lid and cook for 50 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Stir through the coriander and serve with soured cream and crusty bread.
Healthy casserole & stew recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chicken thigh, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, red chilli, pepper, chopped tomato, kidney bean, butter bean, chicken stock, coriander and soured cream.