- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 221
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Spicy pepper & tomato soup with cucumber yogurt
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- onion - 2 onions, finely sliced
- carrot - 1 carrot, finely chopped
- red-pepper - 3 red peppers, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, sliced
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- vegetable-stock - 850ml-1 litre/1 1/2 -1 3/4 pts vegetable stock or bouillon
- yogurt - 4 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, halved, deseeded, coarsely grated and squeezed of excess water
- mint - a few mint leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Tip in the onions, carrot and peppers. Cook gently for 15 mins, to soften. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook for a few mins more. Pour over the chopped tomatoes and 800ml of the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 mins until the veg is completely tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt, cucumber and mint in a bowl, and season.
- Blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth, using the extra stock to thin if it has become too thick. Heat through, season and spoon into bowls. Serve with a dollop of the yogurt mixture on top and a drizzle of olive oil.
Posh budget recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, carrot, red pepper, garlic clove, red chilli, chopped tomato, vegetable stock, yogurt, cucumber and mint.