- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 233
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Spicy roasted parsnip soup
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- coriander-seed - 1 tsp coriander seeds
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
- ground-turmeric - 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- mustard-seed - 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- onion - 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- parsnip - 675g parsnips, diced
- plum-tomato - 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- vegetable-stock - 1.2l vegetable stock
- lemon-juice - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- In abowl, mix together 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
- Add 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks, 2 garlic cloves, 675g parsnips, diced, and 2 quartered plum tomatoes and mix well.
- Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into afood processoror liquidiser with 600ml vegetable stock and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pan with the remaining 600ml vegetable stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, coriander seed, cumin seed, ground turmeric, mustard seed, onion, garlic clove, parsnip, plum tomato, vegetable stock and lemon juice.