- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 466
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
Spicy vegetable fajitas
- pancake - 8 pancakes (see recipe link below)
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- cauliflower - 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- chickpea - 410g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- tomato-sauce - 400g jar arrabbiata tomato sauce (we used Loyd Grossman)
- coriander - 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- yogurt - 150g tub low-fat natural yogurt
- spinach - 50g baby spinach leaves
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Wrap the pancakes in foil and warm them through in the oven for 10 mins. Alternatively, wrap and reheat in the microwave on medium for 2-3 mins.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and fry for 5 mins until softened. Tip in the cauliflower florets and fry briefly until they take on a little colour. Splash in 5 tbsp water, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins until the cauliflower is just tender.
- Stir the chickpeas into the pan with the arrabbiata sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 mins, then stir in the coriander and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and put on the table with the warm pancakes, yogurt and spinach leaves. Let everyone put a few spinach leaves in the centre of each pancake, spoon the filling over and top with a little yogurt. The sides can then be folded into the middle and the pancakes eaten with a knife and fork.
Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has pancake, olive oil, onion, cauliflower, chickpea, tomato sauce, coriander, yogurt and spinach.