- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 114
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Spinach & squash salad with coconut dressing
- butternut-squash - 1 large butternut squash or pumpkin, deseeded but skin left on
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 1 large red onion, sliced into thin rings
- lime - 2 limes, zest of 1, juice of both
- coconut-cream - 1/2 x 160ml can coconut cream
- fish-sauce - 2 tsp fish sauce
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- spinach - 2 x 100g bags baby leaf spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the squash into bite-sized pieces, toss with the oil and seasoning, then roast for 30-40 mins until golden and tender. Leave to cool.
- Toss the onion rings with the juice of 1 lime and set aside while the squash roasts.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the remaining lime juice, the zest, coconut cream, fish sauce and sugar. Cover and leave to infuse in the fridge for 10-15 mins, or until ready to serve. When ready to eat, toss together the squash, spinach and onions, and serve with a generous drizzle of the dressing.
Healthy Thai recipe for 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butternut squash, olive oil, red onion, lime, coconut cream, fish sauce, golden caster sugar and spinach.