- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 452
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Sugar Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Steaks with goulash sauce & sweet potato fries
- rapeseed-oil - 3 tsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for the steaks
- sweet-potatoes - 250g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into narrow chips
- fresh-thyme - 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- onion - 2 small onions, halved and sliced (190g)
- green-pepper - 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- smoked-paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- cherry-tomatoes - 85g cherry tomatoes, halved
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- vegetable-bouillon-powder - 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- fillet-steaks - 2 x 125g fillet steaks, rubbed with a little rapeseed oil
- baby-spinach - 200g bag baby spinach, wilted in a pan or the microwave
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7 and put a wire rack on top of a baking tray. Toss the sweet potatoes and thyme with 2 tsp oil in a bowl, then scatter them over the rack and set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions, cover the pan and leave to cook for 5 mins. Take off the lid and stir - they should be a little charred now. Stir in the green pepper and garlic, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins more. Put the potatoes in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- While the potatoes are cooking, stir the paprika into the onions and peppers, pour in 150ml water and stir in the cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and bouillon. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pan-fry the steak in a hot, non-stick pan for 2-3 mins each side depending on their thickness. Rest for 5 mins. Spoon the goulash sauce onto plates and top with the beef. Serve the chips and spinach alongside.
Healthy winter recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, sweet potatoes, fresh thyme, onion, green pepper, garlic cloves, smoked paprika, cherry tomatoes, tomato purée, vegetable bouillon powder, fillet steaks and baby spinach.