- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 535
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 25g
Sticky cider & mustard sausage wheel with box grater salad Recipe
Easy barbecue recipe for 4 people, takes only 28 mins; recipe has chipolata, oil, cider, wholegrain mustard, clear honey, lemon, clear honey, extra virgin olive oil, celeriac, carrot, beetroot, apple and seed.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Carrot - 2 carrots, peeled
- Beetroot - 2 raw beetroot, peeled
- Lemon - juice and zest 1 lemon
- Oil - drizzle of oil
- Apple - 1 apple
- Chipolata - 12 linked chipolatas
- Wholegrain Mustard - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Seed - 100g mixed seed (toasted if you have a spare pan)
- Celeriac - 1/2 small celeriac, peeled
- Clear Honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- Cider - 250ml cider
- Untwist the chipolatas links and squeeze the meat along the sausage skin so you have 1 long sausage. Roll the sausage into a cartwheel and push 2 wooden skewers through at right angles to secure. Heat a large frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Put the sausage wheel in the pan and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until nicely browned on the underside. Flip over and cook for a further 8-10 mins until browned all over.
- Whisk the cider, mustard and honey together until smooth, pour over the sausage and increase the heat. Bubble for 10-15 mins until reduced to a sticky glaze.
- To make the salad, whisk the lemon juice and zest, honey and olive oil in a large bowl with some seasoning. Grate the celeriac, carrots, beetroots and apple, add the seeds and toss everything together. Cut the sausage into chunks and serve with the salad and some extra mustard, if you like.