- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 433
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 1.38g
Storecupboard spaghetti puttanesca
- spaghetti - 400g spaghetti
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- caper - 2 tbsp caper
- chopped-tomato - 1 x 400g can chopped tomato with paprika (we used Waitrose own brand)
- roasted-pepper - 100g frozen roasted pepper
- black-olive - 16 black olives, pitted
- parmesan - parmesan, to serve, optional
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion over a medium heat for 5 mins until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another min.
- Rinse the capers and add to the pan with the tomatoes, peppers and olives. Check for seasoning, then cook for a few mins more until heated through. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve with lots of grated parmesan, if you like.
Storecupboard recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has spaghetti, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, caper, chopped tomato, roasted pepper, black olive and parmesan.