- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 119
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Stuffed & grilled vegetable bites
- aubergine - 1 large aubergine (about 350g/12oz)
- courgette - 1 large courgette (about 300g/11oz)
- pepper - 2 flame-roasted peppers, from a jar
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- ricotta - 250g tub ricotta
- parmesan - 25g finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- semi-dried-tomato - 3 sundried or semi-dried tomatoes in oil (from a jar), drained and finely chopped
- lemon - finely grated zest 1/2 lemon
- basil-leaf - 8 basil leaves
- parsley - small handful parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- paprika - 1/2 tsp paprika
- Cut the aubergine and courgette into thin lengths about 2-3mm thick - you should have 8 slices of each. Drain and rinse the peppers, remove any seeds, pat dry, then cut into quarters. Mix the garlic with the olive oil and some seasoning.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Brush the vegetable slices with the garlic oil and cook for 2-3 mins each side until completely soft and lightly charred (you'll need to do this in batches). You could also do this on a barbecue. Set aside on a plate and leave to cool. The vegetables can be griddled the day before and kept covered in the fridge - bring to room temperature before serving.
- Mix together the cheeses, sundried tomatoes, lemon zest and seasoning. Lay out the slices of aubergine on a large board. Top each with a slice of courgette, a strip of pepper, and a basil leaf. Dot 1 tbsp of the cheese mix on top and roll the vegetables up. Skewer with a cocktail stick to secure.
- When ready to serve, arrange on a plate and scatter over the parsley leaves and paprika.
Low-carb snack recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has aubergine, courgette, pepper, garlic clove, olive oil, ricotta, parmesan, semi-dried tomato, lemon, basil leaf, parsley and paprika.