- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 721
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Fat Content: 50g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 2.86g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Summer couscous salad Recipe
Summer couscous salad is a Lunchbox recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has couscous, vegetable stock and chickpea.
- Garlic Clove - 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 1-2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- Vegetable Stock - 250ml vegetable stock, boiling
- Tomato - 300g small vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- Couscous - 250g couscous
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Courgette - 300g courgette, sliced on the slant
- Halloumi Cheese - 250g pack halloumi cheese, thickly sliced and then halved lengthways
- Lime Juice - 3 tbsp lime juice
- Mint - 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp sugar
- Tip the couscous into a bowl, pour the boiling stock over and mix well with a fork. Cover with a plate and leave for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, tip all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Fluff up the couscous with a fork, stir in the chickpeas and follow with half the dressing. Mix well and pile on to a large serving dish.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the courgette slices over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until dark golden brown. Lift out on to kitchen paper. Now put the tomatoes cut-side down into the pan, and cook for another couple of minutes until tinged brown on the underside. Top the couscous with the courgettes and then the tomatoes.
- If the pan is dry, pour in a little more oil and heat it up, then add the halloumi strips and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning them over from time to time, until crisp and sizzled brown. Pile on top of the tomatoes, and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve as soon as possible.