- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 611
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Summer salmon with papaya salsa
- papaya - 1 papaya, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, chopped
- green-pepper - 1/2 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- red-pepper - 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don't like it too hot), finely chopped
- coriander - 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- lime - juice 1 lime, plus 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- egg-noodle - 4 nests medium egg noodles
- salmon-fillet - 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- teriyaki-sauce - 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- salad - 4 large handfuls mixed salad leaves
- To make the salsa, combine the papaya, onion, green and red peppers, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Prepare the noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, brush both sides of the salmon fillets with oil, then season. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium-hot and cook the salmon for 3-4 mins on each side, then remove from the pan. (Alternatively, cook the fillets on a barbecue, and pop the lime wedges next to them, flesh-side down, for 2-3 mins.) Drain the noodles and toss with the teriyaki sauce.
- Pile the salad leaves and noodles onto plates. Top with the salmon, spoon over the salsa and serve with a lime wedge.
Healthy salmon recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has papaya, red onion, green pepper, red pepper, red chilli, coriander, lime, egg noodle, salmon fillet, vegetable oil, teriyaki sauce and salad.