- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 505
- Carbohydrate Content: 67g
- Fat Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 45g
Super-simple fruitcake Recipe
Super-simple fruitcake is a Fruitcake recipe for 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, muscovado sugar and egg.
- Olive Oil - 175ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- Egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- Lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Orange - 1/2 orange, juiced
- Plain Flour - 225g plain flour
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- Allspice - 1/2 tsp allspice
- Muscovado Sugar - 100g light brown muscovado sugar
- Icing Sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- Apricot Jam - 200g apricot jam
- Mixed Dried Fruit - 200g mixed dried fruit
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Grease and line the base of two 20cm springform cake tins with baking parchment.
- Stir together the oil and sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, spices and juices, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until pourable and reasonably runny. Gently fold in the fruit, then divide the batter evenly between the tins. Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, then leave to cool.
- When cool, remove from the tins and sandwich the cakes together with jam. Sieve some icing sugar on top to serve.