- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 13g
Sweet potato & cauliflower lentil bowl Recipe
Sweet potato & cauliflower lentil bowl is a Healthy vegan recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has sweet potato, cauliflower and garam masala.
- Coriander - 1/2 small pack coriander
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves
- Carrot - 2 carrots
- Lime - 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- Puy Lentils - 200g Puy lentils
- Red Cabbage - 1/4 red cabbage
- Sweet Potato - 1 large sweet potato, skin left on, scrubbed and cut into medium chunks
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- Garam Masala - 1 tbsp garam masala
- Cauliflower - 1 cauliflower, cut into large florets, stalk diced
- Groundnut Oil - 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato and cauliflower with the garam masala, half the oil and some seasoning. Spread out on a largeroasting tray. Add the garlic and roast for 30-35 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the lentils in asaucepanwith 400ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-25 mins until the lentils are cooked but still have some bite. Drain.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the tray and squish them with the blade of your knife. Put the garlic in a large bowl with the remaining oil, ginger, mustard, a pinch of sugar and one-third of the lime juice.Whisk, then tip in the warm lentils, stir and season to taste. Coarsely grate the carrots, shred the cabbage and roughly chop the coriander. Squeeze over the remaining lime juice and season to taste.
- Divide the lentil mixture between four bowls (or four containers if saving and chilling). Top each serving with a quarter of the carrot slaw and a quarter of the sweet potato and cauliflower mix.