- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 185
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Tea & biscuits ice cream Recipe
Tea & biscuits ice cream is a Ice cream recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has double cream, earl grey tea bag and custard.
- Bring half the cream to the boil in a small saucepan with the teabags and leave to infuse, gently pressing the teabags against the side of the pan to release all the flavour and turn the cream a milky tea colour. Leave to cool completely, then give the teabags a final squeeze before removing them. Pour the cream into a bowl with the custard and mix together.
- Lightly whisk the remaining cream and fold through the custard mixture. If you have an ice cream machine, use it, or freeze the mixture, whisking well every couple of hours until completely frozen.Can be made a month in advance.Remove from the freezer and put in the fridge 1 hr before serving to soften.
- For the biscuits, heat a frying pan until very hot, scatter over the sugar and cook to golden caramel. Scatter over and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Immediately tip onto a tray lined with baking parchment and leave to harden. Break into small pieces and tip into a food processor, then blitz until the texture of rough crumbs again.Can be made 3 days ahead and kept in an airtight container.
- To serve, put a pile of crumbs in the middle of each plate and top with a quenelle or scoop of ice cream.