- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 696
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Fat Content: 50g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2.6g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Tex-Mex meatball tacos Recipe
Tex-Mex meatball tacos is a Sharing recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has beef mince, egg and fajita spice.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Soured Cream - 150ml soured cream
- Tomato - 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Egg - 1 egg
- Lime - 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
- Avocado - 1 avocado
- Mozzarella - 75g grated cheddar or mozzarella
- Beef Mince - 400g beef mince
- Fajita Spice - 35g sachet fajita spice mix
- Taco Shells - 8 taco shells
- Mix the mince with the egg, spice mix and some seasoning, then shape into 16 meatballs. Set aside in the fridge to firm up slightly while you make the sides.
- Mix the tomatoes, coriander, 1/2 the garlic and 1/2 the lime juice in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil, season and set aside. Stir the remaining garlic into the soured cream with a handful of the grated cheese and season. Slice the avocado and squeeze over the remaining lime juice. Bring these, the taco shells and lime wedges to the table.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Fry the meatballs over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until evenly browned and cooked through. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese, put a lid on the pan and cook for 1 min until melted, then let everyone help themselves.