- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 541
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fat Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Thai beef curry Recipe
Thai beef curry is a Thai recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has groundnut oil, beef and coriander.
- Coriander - large bunch coriander
- Beef - 2kg beef short ribs (bone-in ribs left whole), or brisket, cut into large chunks
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Lime - juice 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp palm or light brown sugar
- Rice Wine Vinegar - 50ml rice wine vinegar
- Fish Sauce - 50ml fish sauce
- Coconut Milk - 400g can coconut milk
- Lemongrass - 2 lemongrass stalks, 1 bashed, 1 roughly chopped
- Groundnut Oil - 2-3 tbsp groundnut oil
- Green Chilli - 1-2 green chillies, roughly chopped, deseeded if you like
- Star Anise - 2 star anise
- Kaffir Lime Leaf - 6 kaffir lime leaves
- Galangal - 2cm-piece galangal or ginger, peeled and chopped
- Heat a little of the oil in a large pan and brown the beef in batches, removing to a plate after, reserving any juices. If your slow cooker has a browning function, use this instead. Meanwhile, in a mini chopper or food processor, whizz half the coriander, the chopped lemongrass, garlic, chillies and galangal with the rest of the oil until you have a rough paste.
- Turn the slow cooker to High. Heat the paste for a few mins, then add the beef and all the remaining ingredients, apart from the remaining coriander and lime juice. Turn slow cooker to Low and cook for 8 hrs, or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- If using beef ribs, remove bones from the beef, then shred the meat with 2 forks. If the sauce is too thin, strain it off and boil it to reduce. Stir in the remaining coriander and lime juice, then season with more fish sauce or sugar.