- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Thai green chicken curry Recipe
Thai green chicken curry is a Thai recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lemongrass, lime juice and peppercorn.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Basil Leaf - good handful of basil leaves
- Green Bean - 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- New Potato - 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks
- Caster Sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- Coconut Milk - 400ml can coconut milk
- Thai Fish Sauce - 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- Rice - boiled rice, to serve
- Thai Green Curry Paste - 1 rounded tbsp or 4 tsp Thai green curry paste (you can't fit the tablespoon into some of the jars)
- Kaffir Lime Leaf - 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves finely shredded, or 3 wide strips lime zest, plus extra to garnish
- Boneless Skinless Chicken - 450g boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs), cut into bite-size pieces
- Put 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks, in apanof boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 100g trimmed and halved green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes, by which time both should be just tender but not too soft.Drainand put to one side.
- In awokor large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then drop in 1 choppedgarlicclove and cook until golden, this should take only a few seconds. Don't let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste.
- Spoon in 1 rounded tbsp Thai green curry paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.
- Next, pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and let it come to a bubble.
- Stir in 2 tsp Thai fish sauce and 1 tsp caster sugar, then 450g bite-size chicken pieces. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk, then add 2 finely shredded kaffir lime leaves (or 3 wide strips lime zest).
- Add a good handful basil leaves, but only leave them briefly on the heat or they will quickly lose their brightness.
- Scatter with lime to garnish and serve immediately with boiled rice.