- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 167
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.12g
The ultimate makeover: Chocolate mousse
- dark-chocolate - 85g dark chocolate, 70% (I used Green & Black's)
- cocoa-powder - 1 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- coffee - 1/2 tsp coffee granules
- vanilla-extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- egg-white - 2 egg whites
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- greek-yogurt - 50g full-fat Greek yogurt
- raspberry - handful raspberries, to decorate
- Chop the chocolate very finely and put it into a large bowl that will fit over a pan of simmering water. Mix the cocoa, coffee and vanilla with 2 tbsp cold water, and pour over the chocolate. Place the bowl over the gently simmering water, give it all a stir, then remove from the heat. Leave with the bowl of chocolate still over the water, stirring occasionally to check when melted.
- Stir the melted chocolate, it will be quite thick. Stir in 2 tbsp boiling water and the chocolate will immediately thin down and become silky smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg whites to fairly soft peaks, then whisk in the sugar until thick and glossy. Beat the yogurt into the cooled chocolate. Fold about one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mix using a large metal spoon, then very gently fold in the rest of the whites until they are evenly mixed in - being careful not to over-mix or you will lose the volume of the mousse. Spoon into 4 small cups or (125-150ml) ramekins and chill for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Place each mousse on a saucer or small plate. Top with a few raspberries, then dust with a little cocoa powder. Will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Ultimate makeover recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has dark chocolate, cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla extract, egg white, golden caster sugar, greek yogurt and raspberry.