- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 369
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fat Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Tomato & chickpea curry Recipe
Tomato & chickpea curry is a Easy curry recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and garlic cloves.
- Coriander - 1/2 small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- Turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, finely sliced
- Tomato - 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Garlic Cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp garam masala
- Basmati Rice - cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Coconut Milk - 400ml can coconut milk
- Plum Tomato - 400g can plum tomatoes
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and add 2 finely sliced onions. Cook until softened, about 10 mins.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp ground coriander, then stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 mins, then pour in a 400g can of plum tomatoes, break up with a wooden spoon and simmer for 10 mins.
- Pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and season. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Tip in a drained and rinsed 400g can of chickpeas and 2 quartered large tomatoes, and warm through. Scatter over roughly chopped coriander from 1/2 small pack and serve with fluffy rice.