- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 707
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 75g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 47g
- Sodium Content: 1.81g
Tuna & broccoli pasta bake
- tuna - 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil, drained well, 1 tbsp oil reserved
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomato with garlic and herbs
- pasta - 350g dried pasta shapes
- broccoli - 300g broccoli, chopped into small florets
- soft-cheese - 200g pack light soft cheese
- cheddar - 100g cheddar, finely grated
- breadcrumb - 25g breadcrumb
- salad - salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat the reserved oil from the tuna in a very large saucepan. Tip in the tomatoes plus 200ml water and simmer while you cook the pasta, following pack instructions. Add the broccoli for the final 3 mins, then drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Heat the grill. Stir the soft cheese into the tomato sauce until melted, then mix with the pasta, broccoli and drained tuna, along with a little of the reserved cooking water if the sauce looks a bit thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tip into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle on the cheddar and crumbs. Grill, not too close to the heat, for about 4-6 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve with a big side salad, if you like.
Pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 18 mins; recipe has tuna, chopped tomato, pasta, broccoli, soft cheese, cheddar, breadcrumb and salad.Add to Favourites