- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 345
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- bacon-lardon - 100g smoked bacon lardons
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- carrot - 1 carrot, finely chopped
- celery-stick - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- bay-leaf - 2 bay leaves
- thyme-sprig - 2 thyme sprigs
- celeriac - 300g celeriac (or any other root veg), cut into cubes
- potato - 200g potato, cut into cubes
- borlotti-bean - 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- chicken-stock - 1 1/2 l chicken stock or turkey stock, (fresh is best)
- turkey - 350g cooked turkey
- orzo - 100g orzo
- curly-kale - 75g curly kale, shredded
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon and fry over a medium-to-high heat for 4-5 mins or until golden, then set aside.
- Put the remaining oil, the onion, carrot, celery and a pinch of salt in the pan. Cook gently over a low heat for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until the veg is soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and herbs, and cook for 2 mins more
- Tip in the celeriac, potato, borlotti beans and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 mins. Add the cooked turkey, orzo and the bacon, and cook for 10 mins.
- Just before serving, tip in the kale, give everything a good stir and return to the heat for about 2 mins or until the kale has wilted.
Healthy soup recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, bacon lardon, red onion, carrot, celery stick, garlic cloves, bay leaf, thyme sprig, celeriac, potato, borlotti bean, chicken stock, turkey, orzo and curly kale.