- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 222
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.26g
Unbelievably easy mince pies
- To make the pastry, rub 225g cold, diced butter into 350g plain flour, thenmixin 100g golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Combine the pastry into a ball - don't add liquid - and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough. You can use the dough immediately, or chill for later.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole patty tins, by pressing small walnut-sized balls of pastry into each hole.
- Spoon 280g mincemeat into the pies.
- Take slightly smaller balls of pastry than before and pat them out between your hands to make round lids, big enough to cover the pies.
- Top the pies with their lids, pressing the edges gently together to seal - you don't need to seal them with milk or egg as they will stick on their own.(The pies may now be frozen for up to 1 month).
- Beat 1 small egg andbrushthe tops of the pies. Bake for 20 mins until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then remove to awire rack.
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar.They will keep for 3 to 4 days in anairtight container.
All-time top 20 recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, flour, golden caster sugar, mincemeat, egg and icing sugar.Add to Favourites