- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 22
- Fat Content: 0g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 0.3g
- Sodium Content: 0.01g
Unicorn poo meringues
- egg-whites - 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- caster-sugar - 100g caster sugar
- icing-sugar - 100g icing sugar, sifted
- food-colouring-gels - 4 food colouring gels or pastes (we used pink, yellow, blue and green)
- ready-to-roll-fondant-icing - small amount of white and black ready-to-roll fondant icing for the eyes and mouth
- round-cutter - 4cm round cutter or circle to drawn around
- piping-bag - 1 large piping bag fitted with a large open star nozzle (1cm)
- paintbrushes - 4 small paintbrushes
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas 1/2 . Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Using a 4cm round cutter as a guide, draw 22 circles on each piece of parchment in pencil. Turn the parchment over.
- Whip up the egg whites in astand mixeror with an electric hand whisk until they form stiff peaks. Gradually add the caster sugar in, a spoonful at a time, whisking in completely between each addition. Repeat with the icing sugar until the mixture is glossy and stiff.
- Put the piping bag nozzle down in a tall glass or jug. Roll down the top of the bag a little, over the rim, then paint a thin stripe of each coloured food gel from the nozzle all the way up to the top of the bag. Spoon in the meringue mixture.
- Pipeswirls of meringue onto the trays using the circles as a guide. Bake for 20 mins then turn down to 100C/80C fan/gas 1/4 and cook for a further hour, or until they are completely cooked through and sound hollow when tapped on the base. Leave to cool in the oven.
- Mould small pieces of white and black fondant icing to create eyes and mouths. Stick these on the cooled meringues with a small dab of royal icing (if they don't stick by themselves).
Kids’ baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has egg whites, caster sugar, icing sugar, food colouring gels, ready-to-roll fondant icing, round cutter, piping bag and paintbrushes.Add to Favourites