- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 265
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 0.4g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.28g
- milk - 150ml non-dairy milk (such as almond or soy)
- cider-vinegar - 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- butter - 110g vegan butter or sunflower spread
- caster-sugar - 110g caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- self-raising-flour - 110g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- butter - 125g vegan butter
- icing-sugar - 250g icing sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- food-colourings - a few drops of vegan food colourings (check the label)
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the holes of a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases. Stir the milk and vinegar in a jug and leave to thicken slightly for a few mins.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electricwhiskuntil well combined. Whisk in the vanilla, then add the milk a splash at a time, alternating with spoonfuls of the flour. Fold in any remaining flour, the baking powder and a pinch of salt until you get a creamy batter. Don't worry if it looks a little curdled at this stage.
- Divide between the cupcake cases, filling them two-thirds full, and bake for 20 mins until golden and risen. Leave to cool on awire rack.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla with an electric whisk until pale and creamy. Divide between bowls and colour with different food colourings until you get desired strength. Spoon orpipeonto the cooled cupcakes.
Sharing recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has milk, cider vinegar, butter, caster sugar, vanilla extract, self-raising flour, baking powder, butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and food colourings.