- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 446
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 21g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Vegetarian bean pot with herby breadcrumbs
- bread - 1 slice crusty bread
- parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley leaves
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- chilli-flakes - pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- leek - 2 leeks, rinsed and chopped into half-moons
- carrot - 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- celery-stick - 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- thyme-sprigs - few thyme sprigs
- white-wine - 150ml white wine
- cannellini-beans - 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- Toast the bread, then tear into pieces and put in afood processorwith the parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, a good pinch of salt and pepper and the chilli flakes, if using. Blitz to breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the leeks, carrots, celery and fennel along with a splash of water and a pinch of salt. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins until soft, then add the garlic and tomato puree. Cook for 1 min more, then add the thyme and white wine. Leave to bubble for a minute, then add the beans. Fill the can halfway with water and pour into the pot.
- Bring the cassoulet to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to simmer for 15 mins before removing the thyme sprigs. Mash half the beans to thicken the stew. Season to taste, then divide between bowls and top with the herby breadcrumbs to serve.
Healthy winter recipe for 2 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has bread, parsley, lemon, olive oil, chilli flakes, leek, carrot, celery stick, fennel bulb, garlic clove, tomato purée, thyme sprigs, white wine and cannellini beans.