- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 286
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Vegetarian sausage rolls Recipe
Vegetarian sausage rolls is a Buffet recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has mushroom, olive oil and leek.
- Garlic Clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Egg - 1 medium egg, light beaten to glaze
- Cheddar - 60g mature cheddar, grated
- Dijon Mustard - 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Leek - 2 leeks, finely chopped
- Mushroom - 200g chestnut mushrooms
- Sage - 1 tbsp sage, finely chopped
- Chestnut - 30g chestnuts, very finely chopped
- Breadcrumbs - 70g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Puff Pastry - 1 x 320g sheet ready rolled all butter puff pastry
- Brown Rice Miso - 1 tbsp brown rice miso
- Put the mushrooms in afood processorand pulse until they're very finely chopped.
- Put half the olive oil in a largefrying panand add the leeks along with a pinch of salt. Fry gently for 15 mins or until softened and golden brown. Scrape the leeks out of the pan and into a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the mushrooms for 10 mins over a medium heat. Add the garlic, sage, miso and mustard and fry for another minute, then leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Combine the mushroom mixture with the leeks in a bowl, add the chestnuts, cheese and breadcrumbs. Season lightly to taste (the miso and leeks will add salt, so don't add too much) and work everything together until you have a slightly stodgy mixture.
- Unravel the puff pastry on a floured surface, thenrollout so one side measures about 40cm. Push the mushroom mixture down the centre of the pastry. Bring the pastry around the mixture and seal the edges with a fork, then cut into 8 pieces. Lay on a lined baking sheet and brush each one with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until deep, golden brown. Allow to cool a little before eating.