- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 732
- Carbohydrate Content: 103g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Vegetarian wraps Recipe
Vegetarian wraps is a Wrap recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has red onion, cider vinegar and courgette.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander
- Red Pepper - 1 large red pepper
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves
- Red Onion - 2 red onion
- Natural Yogurt - 500g natural yogurt
- Courgette - 2 courgettes
- Mint - small bunch mint
- Lime - 2 limes
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber
- Cider Vinegar - 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- Shallot - 1 shallot
- Garam Masala - 2 tsp garam masala
- Self Raising Flour - 350g self raising flour
- Salt - salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil
- Cauliflower - 1/2 cauliflower
- Coconut - 100g pot coconut chunks
- Chickpeas - 400g can chickpeas
- Green Chilli - 1 green chilli
- Coriander Seeds - 3 tsp coriander seeds
- To make the sweet pickled onions, slice one red onion into thin half moons. Put 2 tbsp cider vinegar in a small pan with 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp salt. Heat until almost boiling, then pour over the onions and leave for 2 hrs, by which time they will be sweet and crunchy.
- To make the roasted veg, heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Chop the courgettes, remaining red onion, the red pepper and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Tip into abaking traywith the chickpeas, plus 1 tbsp of the starchy water from the can. Pour over a good glug of olive oil, add 2 tsp of the coriander seeds, the garam masala, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and mix everything together with your hands. Cook in the oven for 45 mins, but give them a good shake after 30.
- For the flatbreads, mix the flour with 350g of the yogurt, the remaining 1 tsp coriander seeds, and all the coriander stalks, finely chopped. It will come together quickly into a dough. Take a golf ball-sized chunk and roll it out on a floured board until it's the thickness of a 20p coin, then dry-fry in a hot frying pan for about a minute on each side. When done, brush each flatbread on one side with some olive oil.
- To make the tzatziki, blitz 1/4 of the pot of coconut chunks in ablenderuntil it resembles breadcrumbs, then set aside. Pour the remaining 150g yogurt into a bowl. Finely chop half the mint leaves and add to the bowl along with the juice of 1 lime. Grate in the cucumber and a garlic clove, then add the coconut. Season and mix.
- To make the spicy green sauce, put the rest of the coconut chunks in a blender with the rest of the coriander and mint leaves, a peeled clove of garlic, the peeled shallot, chilli, the juice of a lime, 1 tbsp cider vinegar, and 1 tsp brown sugar. Blitz until smooth.
- Take a flatbread, load it with a handful of vegetables, then a big spoonful of tzatziki and spicy green sauce, then a sprinkling of sweet pickled onions. Wrap it up, and tuck in.