- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 235
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.28g
Very chocolatey cake
- egg - 3 eggs
- golden-caster-sugar - 200g golden caster sugar
- butter - 200g very soft butter
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- cocoa-powder - 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- chocolate - 100g chocolate drops (milk, plain, white or a mix of all three)
- butter - 300g soft butter
- icing-sugar - 100g icing sugar
- plain-chocolate - 400g melted plain chocolate
- Ask a grown-upto switch the oven on to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Break the eggs into a small bowl and scoop out any bits of shell, then tip them into a large bowl.
- Put the sugar and butter in a bowl, then sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Beat everything together using a wooden spoon or electric beaters, then stir in the chocolate drops.
- Spoon half of the mixture into each tin and smooth the tops.
- Ask a grown-upto bake the cakes for 20-25 mins or until risen and a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn out onto a rack.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar, then fold in the chocolate. Spread over the middle, sandwich the cakes together, then dust with icing sugar.
Kids’ cakes recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has egg, golden caster sugar, butter, self-raising flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, chocolate, butter, icing sugar and plain chocolate.