- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 440
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 25g
Walnut, date & honey cake Recipe
Walnut, date & honey cake is a Turkish recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, ground cinnamon and butter.
- Egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- Butter - 175g softened butter
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Self Raising Flour - 225g self-raising flour
- Walnut - 50g pack walnut pieces
- Muscovado Sugar - 100g light muscovado sugar
- Banana - 2 medium, ripe bananas, about 250g/9oz total weight in their skins
- Clear Honey - 3 tbsp clear honey
- Date - 100g stoned dates
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3/fan oven 140C. Line the base and long sides of a 900g/2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper, buttering the tin and paper.
- Tip the flour, cinnamon, butter, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the honey and the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Mash the bananas and chop the dates (kitchen scissors are easiest for this) and add to the bowl. Beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon or hand-held mixer, until well blended.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the top. Scatter the walnut pieces over. Bake for 1 hour, then lightly press the top - it will feel firm if cooked. If not, bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then lift out of the tin using the paper. When cold, drizzle the remaining honey over. Cut into thick slices.