- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 638
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Fat Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Wholewheat pasta with broccoli & almonds Recipe
Healthy Italian recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has extra-virgin olive oil, red chilli, garlic clove, spaghetti, broccoli, lemon, almond and parmesan.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Parmesan - parmesan shavings (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced (add extra chilli if you like)
- Spaghetti - 250g wholewheat spaghetti
- Lemon - zest 1 lemon
- Broccoli - 300g thin-stemmed broccoli, cut into pieces
- Almond - 25g flaked toasted almond
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chilli and garlic, and cook on a low heat until golden. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta to the water and cook following pack instructions. In the final 4 mins of cooking, add the broccoli. Once cooked, drain and tip into the garlic pan. Add the lemon zest and almonds, and toss together well. Serve in bowls, topped with Parmesan shavings.