- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 189
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Wild garlic & nettle soup
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for drizzling
- butter - 25g butter
- onion - 1 onion, finely diced
- leek - 1 leek, finely diced
- celery - 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- carrot - 1 carrot, finely diced
- potato - 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- vegetable-stock - 1.2l good-quality vegetable stock
- nettle-leaf - 300g young nettle leaves
- wild-garlic-leaf - 200g wild garlic leaves (keep any flowers if you have them)
- milk - 3 tbsp milk
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, leek, celery, carrot, potato and a good pinch of salt, and stir until everything is well coated. Cover and sweat gently for 15-20 mins, stirring every so often to make sure that the vegetables don't catch on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 mins. Add the nettles in several batches, stirring, then add the wild garlic leaves and simmer for 2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender or tip into a blender. Return to the heat and stir through the milk, then taste for seasoning. Ladle into bowls and drizzle over a little extra oil, then top with a few wild garlic flowers, if you have them.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, butter, onion, leek, celery, carrot, potato, vegetable stock, nettle leaf, wild garlic leaf and milk.