- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 530
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Wild salmon with corn & pepper salsa salad
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- chilli-powder - 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- ground-coriander - 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- ground-cumin - 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- lime - 1 lime, grated zest and juice, plus wedges to serve (optional)
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- salmon-fillet - 2 wild salmon fillets
- corn-on-the-cob - 1 corn on the cob, husk removed if attached
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- avocado - 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and finely chopped
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and chopped
- coriander - 1/2 pack coriander, finely chopped
- Finely grate the garlic into a bowl for the spice rub. Boil the corn for the salsa salad for 6-8 mins until tender, then drain and cut off the kernels with a sharp knife.
- Stir the spices, 1 tbsp lime juice and the oil into the garlic to make a spice rub, then use to coat the salmon.
- Mix the remaining lime zest and juice into the corn and stir in all the remaining ingredients. Heat a frying pan and cook the salmon for 2 mins each side so that it is still a little pink in the centre. Serve with the salsa salad with extra lime wedges, if you like, for squeezing over.
Whole foods recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has garlic clove, chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, lime, rapeseed oil, salmon fillet, corn on the cob, red onion, avocado, red pepper, red chilli and coriander.