- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.41g
- Sugar Content: 24.8g
Yummy scrummy carrot cake recipe Recipe
All-time top 20 recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has light muscovado sugar, sunflower oil, large egg, carrot, raisin, orange, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, icing sugar and orange juice.
- Carrot - 140g grated carrot (about 3 medium)
- Sunflower Oil - 175ml sunflower oil
- Orange - grated zest of 1 large orange
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg (freshly grated will give you the best flavour)
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Self Raising Flour - 175g self-raising flour
- Raisin - 100g raisins
- Large Egg - 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Orange Juice - 1 1/2 -2 tbsp orange juice
- Icing Sugar - 175g icing sugar
- Light Muscovado Sugar - 175g light muscovado sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Oil and line the base and sides of an 18cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Tip 175g light muscovado sugar, 175ml sunflower oil and 3 large beaten eggs into a bigmixing bowl. Lightly mix with a wooden spoon. Stir in 140ggratedcarrots, 100g raisins and grated zest of 1 large orange.
- Sift 175g self-raising flour, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg into the bowl.Mixeverything together, the mixture will be soft and almost runny.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 mins or until it feels firm and springy when you press it in the centre.
- Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn it out, peel off the paper and cool on awire rack. (You can freeze the cake at this point if you want to serve it at a later date.)
- Beat 175g icing sugar and 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp orange juice in a small bowl until smooth - you want the icing about as runny as single cream.
- Put the cake on a serving plate and boldly drizzle the icing back and forth in diagonal lines over the top, letting it drip down the sides.