- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 0.71g
Zesty haddock with crushed potatoes & peas
- potato - 600g floury potato, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- frozen-pea - 140g frozen peas
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon - juice and zest 1/2 lemon
- caper - 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- chive - 2 tbsp snipped chives
- haddock - 4 haddock or other chunky white fish fillets, about 120g each (or use 2 small per person)
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- broccoli - broccoli, to serve
- Cover the potatoes in cold water, bring to the boil, then turn to a simmer. Cook for 10 mins until tender, adding peas for the final min of cooking. Drain and roughly crush together, adding plenty of seasoning and 1 tbsp oil. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, mix 1 tbsp oil, the lemon juice and zest, capers and chives with some seasoning.
- Dust the fish in the flour, tapping off any excess and season. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the fish for 2-3 mins on each side until cooked, then add the dressing and warm through. Serve with the crush and broccoli.
Lower sugar recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potato, frozen pea, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon, caper, chive, haddock, plain flour and broccoli.