- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 519
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 50g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Zesty lamb chops with crushed kidney beans
- lamb-chop - 8 lamb chops
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon - juice and zest 1 lemon
- red-chillies - 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- red-kidney-beans - 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained
- mint - small pack mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- watercress - mixed green leaves such as rocket and watercress, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush the lamb chops with 1 tbsp oil, then rub all over with the lemon zest and some seasoning. Griddle for 3-4 mins each side for slightly pink meat, or a little longer for well done. You may need to do this in 2 batches. Remove from the pan, wrap in foil and leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Gently fry the remaining oil, the chillies and garlic in a saucepan for 2-3 mins. Add the kidney beans and gently crush them with a potato masher, then continue to cook for 3 mins until the beans are warm. Stir in the lemon juice, mint and seasoning, and serve with the chops and mixed leaves.
Dairy-free dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lamb chop, olive oil, lemon, red chillies, garlic clove, red kidney beans, mint and watercress.