- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 175
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 18g
Apple pie cookie kit Recipe
Apple pie cookie kit is a Christmas for kids recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has plain flour, mixed spice and ground cinnamon.
- Apple - 1 shiny, perfect apple
- Plain Flour - 175g plain flour
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Raisin - 85g raisins or sultanas
- Mixed Spice - 1 tsp mixed spice
- Oat - 50g rolled oat
- Light Brown Soft Sugar - 100g light brown soft sugar
- Biscuit - 50g malted milk biscuits, broken into small chunks
- Ribbon - 1 long colourful ribbon
- Jam Jar - 1 big jam jar or small Kilner jar (about 750ml capacity)
- Sticky Label - 1 sticky label for the jar (or tag to tie to the top) and a pen
- Weighing Scales - weighing scales
- Measuring Spoons - measuring spoons
- Wash the jar, then dry very well.
- Mix the flour with the spices and bicarb, then tip into the jar. Use your fingers to remove any lumps from the sugar, then pour into the jar. Add each of the remaining ingredients, one by one, following the list, until you've added the biscuit bits.
- When all the ingredients are in the jar, put the lid on tightly. Sit the apple on top of the lid and tie to the jar with ribbon. The mixture and apple will keep for 4 days.
- Download our printable label (see tip), or write out the following instructions on a sticky label (or tag) and attach to the jar: Tip everything in the jar into a big mixing bowl and grate in the peeled apple. Melt 50g/2oz butter with 2 tbsp golden syrup and stir into the bowl with 1 egg. Space 10 spoonfuls on greased trays and bake for 15-18 mins at 180C/160C fan/gas 4 until golden and chewy. The cookies will firm up as they cool.