- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 6 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 13g
Apricot & pistachio stuffing Recipe
Apricot & pistachio stuffing is a Make-ahead Christmas recipe for 6-8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, butter and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 3 large onions, finely sliced
- Egg - 5 large eggs, beaten
- Butter - 70g unsalted butter
- Apricot - 100g dried apricots, finely chopped
- Sage - 2 tbsp finely chopped sage, plus a few whole leaves
- Sourdough Bread - 500g loaf sourdough bread
- Pistachio - 90g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Heat the oil and 40g of the butter in a largefrying panover a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 15-20 mins or until they are golden and caramelised. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Remove from the heat, tip into a largemixing bowland leave to cool down a little.
- Put half the sourdough into afood processorand blitz to a fine crumb. Tear the remaining bread into small pieces. Add both to the bowl with the onions and mix through 60g pistachios, the chopped sage, apricots and eggs, then season. Tip into a shallow 30 x 20cm baking dish.Will keep in the fridge for up to 24 hrs.Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and crunchy on top (check after 10 mins and cover if it's already brown).
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan, add the sage leaves and fry until crisp. Pour over the stuffing just before serving. Top with the remaining pistachios.