- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 490
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Fat Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Asparagus & tuna salad Recipe
Asparagus & tuna salad is a 500 calorie meal recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has new potato, medium egg and asparagus.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or use the oil from the tuna can (if bought in oil)
- Sugar - pinch of sugar
- Tuna - 185g can tuna, drained and flaked into very large chunks
- White Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Shallot - 1 shallot, finely chopped
- New Potato - 8 baby new potatoes
- Black Olive - small handful small black olives, halved
- Romaine Lettuce - 1 romaine lettuce, leaves torn into chunks
- Crusty Bread - crusty bread, to serve
- Medium Egg - 2 medium eggs
- Asparagus - 125g pack asparagus, woody ends removed
- English Mustard - 1 tsp English mustard powder
- Boil the potatoes for 8-12 mins until tender. Drain, cool a little under cold running water, then drain again well and set aside to finish cooling.
- Put the eggs in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water is boiling, add the asparagus for 2 mins. Drain well and rinse everything under cold water to cool. Again drain asparagus well.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and halve or quarter. Whisk the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp water and some seasoning.
- Tip the potatoes, asparagus, tuna, olives and lettuce into a bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss well to coat, then add the eggs and serve with crusty bread.