- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 459
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.42g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Baked chicken masala with almond pilaf Recipe
Baked chicken masala with almond pilaf is a Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has basmati rice, turmeric and curry powder.
- Coriander - 1/2 small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Turmeric - 2 heaped tsp turmeric
- Chicken Breast - 2 large skinless chicken breasts (about 500g/1lb 2oz), cut into chunks
- Red Onion - 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- Tomato - 8 medium tomatoes, halved
- Natural Yogurt - 6 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- Curry Powder - 5 tsp medium curry powder
- Basmati Rice - 250g brown basmati rice
- Flaked Almond - 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml water, 1 heaped tsp turmeric, 1 tsp curry powder and some salt. Bring to the boil, stir, cover, turn heat to low and cook for 30 mins, or until tender. Try not to take the lid off during cooking. Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 mins. Add the almonds, and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tsp curry powder, the remaining turmeric, 2 tbsp yogurt and seasoning. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Toss the tomatoes and onions in a roasting tray with the rest of the curry powder, then nestle in the chicken pieces. Bake for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are soft. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the rice and remaining yogurt.