- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 563
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Fat Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 9g
Roast cauliflower & hazelnut pilaf Recipe
Roast cauliflower & hazelnut pilaf is a 600 calorie meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion and garlic clove.
- Coriander - handful coriander, chopped
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 700ml hot vegetable stock
- Natural Yogurt - 150ml pot natural yogurt, to serve
- Curry Powder - 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Ginger - 5cm piece ginger, grated
- Garam Masala - 2 tbsp garam masala
- Cauliflower - 250g cauliflower, broken into florets
- Basmati Rice - 300g brown basmati rice
- Curry Leaf - 3 curry leaves
- Hazelnut - 100g toasted hazelnut, chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until golden. Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala and rice, and cook for a few more mins. Add the stock and curry leaves, and season. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 40 mins.
- Toss the cauliflower in the curry powder and remaining oil, season and put on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 40 mins until tender.
- Remove the rice pan from the heat and leave for 5 mins, then gently stir through the roasted cauliflower, coriander and toasted hazelnuts. Serve with natural yogurt.