- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 406
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 31g
Banoffee traybake Recipe
Banoffee traybake is a Traybake recipe for 12 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, banana and light brown soft sugar.
- Dark Chocolate - 100g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Egg - 4 large eggs
- Natural Yogurt - 100g natural yogurt
- Butter - 200g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- Self Raising Flour - 250g self-raising flour
- Vanilla Extract - 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Banana - 2 large ripe bananas (250g peeled weight)
- Light Brown Soft Sugar - 250g light brown soft sugar
- Caramel - 100g thick caramel or dulce de leche (we used a can of Carnation caramel)
- Banana Chips - 12 dried banana chips, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with two strips of criss-crossed baking parchment. In a jug, mash the bananas with a fork, then add the butter and sugar and mix with an electricwhiskuntil smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Use aspatulato fold through the flour, yogurt and chocolate chunks. Scrape the mixture into the tin and smooth over the surface. Bake for 30 mins until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins in the tin, then transfer to awire rack.
- Cut the traybake into 12 squares, then top each one with a spoonful of caramel and a banana chip, if you like.Will keep in a tin for up to five days, or in the freezer - without the toppings - for up to a month.