- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 457
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Fat Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 23g
Courgette loaf cake Recipe
Courgette loaf cake is a Garden glut cake recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, large egg and vegetable oil.
- Vegetable Oil - 125ml vegetable oil
- Courgette - 350g courgette, coarsely grated
- Butter - butter, for the tin
- Brown Sugar - 85g soft brown sugar
- Cinnamon - 2 tsp cinnamon
- Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Plain Flour - 300g plain flour
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sultana - 140g sultana
- Walnut - 85g walnut, roughly chopped
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Large Egg - 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and sugar, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin. Bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, then serve, or freeze for up to 1 month.