- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Beany burgers with basil tzatziki Recipe
Beany burgers with basil tzatziki is a Healthy burger recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pine nut, borlotti bean and red onion.
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Tortilla - flatbreads, tortilla or pitta breads
- Basil - basil tzatziki (see separate recipe)
- Thyme - 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- Sundried Tomato - 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- Sunflower Oil - sunflower oil, for frying
- Breadcrumb - 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- Pine Nut - 50g pine nut
- Borlotti Bean - 425g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and lightly toast the pine nuts for 2-3 mins or until golden. Remove from pan and set to one side.
- Put the borlotti beans into a large bowl and mash well with a potato masher or fork. Add the pine nuts, onion, tomato paste, half the breadcrumbs, the thyme and egg. Season to taste, then gently mix together until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- With slightly wet hands, shape the mixture into 4 burgers. Coat the outside of each burger with the remaining breadcrumbs. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- To cook the burgers: heat a thin layer of sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry for 3-4 mins each side until golden. Drain on kitchen paper, then serve in warmed flatbreads, tortillas or pittas and spoon over the Basil tzatziki.