- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.87g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Big-batch bolognese Recipe
Big-batch bolognese is a Healthy Italian recipe for 12 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, bacon and onion.
- Red Wine - large glass red wine (optional)
- Garlic Clove - 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- Parmesan - parmesan, to serve
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 4 onions, finely chopped
- Tomato - 6 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Carrot - 3 carrots, finely chopped
- Sugar - 1 tbsp sugar
- Bay Leaf - 2 bay leaves
- Tomato Puree - 6 tbsp tomato puree
- Celery - 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- Mushroom - 500g mushrooms, sliced
- Red Wine Vinegar - 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Bacon - 6 smoked bacon rashers, chopped
- Minced Beef - 1 1/2 kg lean minced beef (or use half beef, half pork mince)
- Mixed Herb - 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Heat the oil in a very large saucepan. Gently cook the bacon, onions, carrots and celery for 20 mins until golden. Add the garlic, herbs, bay and mushrooms, then cook for 2 mins more.
- Heat a large frying pan until really hot. Crumble in just enough mince to cover the pan, cook until brown, then tip in with the veg. Continue to fry the mince in batches until used up. Tip the tomatoes and puree in with the mince and veg. Rinse the cans out with the red wine, if you have some, or with a little water, then add to the pan with the vinegar and sugar. Season generously and bring to a simmer. Simmer slowly for 1 hr until thick and saucy and the mince is tender. Serve with pasta and parmesan.
- If you want to make this in a slow cooker, visit ourslow cooker bolognese recipe.