- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Boom Bang-a-Bang chicken cups Recipe
Healthy Christmas recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has peanut butter, natural yogurt, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, spring onion, chicken breast, baby gem lettuce, cucumber and sesame seed.
- Chicken Breast - 3 cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- Spring Onion - 2-3 spring onions, finely shredded
- Natural Yogurt - 140g full-fat coconut yogurt or natural yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp soy sauce
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scraped out with a teaspoon, cut into matchsticks
- Sweet Chilli Sauce - 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Baby Gem Lettuce - 2 Baby Gem lettuces, big leaves separated
- Sesame Seed - toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Peanut Butter - 100g smooth peanut butter
- In your smallest pan, gently warm the peanut butter, yogurt, 3 tbsp water, sweet chilli and soy sauce until melted together into a smooth sauce. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Mix the spring onions and chicken into the sauce and season. Chill until the party - keep the lettuce leaves and cucumber under damp kitchen paper.
- To assemble, add a bundle of cucumber to each lettuce leaf cup, plus a spoon of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sit on a big platter for everyone to dig in. Or simply serve a pile of lettuce leaves alongside bowls of chicken and cucumber.