- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 221
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Burnt leeks on toast with romesco
- almond - 50g whole blanched almonds
- red-pepper - 100g cooked red peppers from a jar, drained
- ciabatta - 1 large ciabatta loaf, sliced
- olive-oil - 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp
- sherry-vinegar - 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded
- smoked-paprika - 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- leek - 3 leeks, each cut into 4 pieces
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan until golden. Put the almonds, peppers, 1 small ciabatta slice (about 10g - an end piece is ideal), 1/ 2 tbsp olive oil, the vinegar, chilli, paprika , garlic and some seasoning in afood processor(or use astick blender). Blend until smooth, then transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge until needed.Can be done a day in advance.
- Put the leeks in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins. Drain on kitchen paper until needed.
- When you're ready to serve, heat grill to high. Put the cooked leeks on a baking tray, season and drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil. Grill the leeks until starting to blacken, about 8-10 mins, turning once during cooking.
- Toast the remaining ciabatta slices and spread with a little of the romesco. Gently pull the leeks into ribbons and pile them on top. Season well and serve immediately.
Healthy autumn recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has almond, red pepper, ciabatta, olive oil, sherry vinegar, chilli, smoked paprika, garlic clove and leek.Add to Favourites