- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
- Sugar Content: 16g
Butternut chilli Recipe
Butternut chilli is a Vegetarian chilli recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has vine tomato, olive oil and onion.
- Red Wine - 150ml red wine
- Garlic Clove - 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- Soured Cream - 175ml soured cream
- Oregano - 1 tsp oregano
- Vine Tomato - 600g medium vine tomatoes, or 400g can chopped or cherry tomatoes
- Bird'S Eye Chilli - 1 red bird's-eye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Cayenne Pepper - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Bay Leaf - 1 bay leaf
- Butternut Squash - 600g butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- Green Olive - 12 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- Stock Cube - 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- Pimiento - 200g jar piquillo pimiento peppers, or 2 roasted Romano peppers, roughly chopped
- Black Beans - 400g can black beans or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Chive - small bunch chives, snipped
- If using fresh tomatoes, pour boiling water over them in a bowl, count to 30, then lift out, peel and chop.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan with a lid and add the onions and garlic. Soften gently, stirring occasionally. Stir the chilli, cayenne, oregano and bay leaf into the onions. Stir-fry for 1 min, then stir in the squash, olives and wine. Simmer for a couple of mins, stirring, then add the tomatoes and 200ml water. Crumble in the stock cube and stir. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers to the pan and check the seasoning. Add extra water if it's looking dry. Cover and cook for a further 25-30 mins until the squash is tender. Can be frozen at this stage for up to 1 month - defrost overnight in the fridge before continuing with the recipe.
- Add the beans to the pan and reheat. Serve with chives and soured cream on the side.