- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 19g
Carrot & ginger soup Recipe
Carrot & ginger soup is a Low-calorie lunch recipe for 1 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has carrot, ginger and turmeric.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 850ml vegetable stock
- Carrot - 500g carrot (preferably organic), sliced
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Ginger - 2 tbsp coarsely grated ginger
- Ground Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Cannellini Bean - 400g can cannellini beans (no need to drain)
- Almond - 4 tbsp almonds in their skins, cut into slivers
- Nutmeg - sprinkle of nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic, and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the nutmeg and cook for 1 min more.
- Pour in the stock, add the carrots, beans and their liquid, then cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Scoop a third of the mixture into a bowl and blitz the remainder with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth. Return everything to the pan and heat until bubbling. Serve topped with the almonds and nutmeg.