- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.06g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Cauliflower fritters with herby dipping sauce Recipe
Vegan Christmas recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cauliflower, sunflower oil, plain flour, cornflour, sparkling water, coriander seed, flat-leaf parsley, garlic clove, lemon, caper and olive oil.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - 1 large bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- Sunflower Oil - sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- Plain Flour - 85g plain flour
- Caper - 1 tbsp small capers
- Cauliflower - 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Coriander Seed - 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp cornflour
- Sparkling Water - 125ml sparkling water
- Whisk batter ingredients together, then let it rest while you make the dipping sauce. Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside. Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water for 2 mins, then drain and refresh with cold water.
- Heat about 10cm depth vegetable oil in a high-sided pan. Once oil is hot, test with a small bit of bread - if it turns golden in 30 secs, it's ready.
- Dip the dry cauliflower into batter, shake off any excess and place in the hot oil. Fry in batches until golden, about 3 mins, then remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper. To keep warm, keep the florets in a low oven. Once all the cauliflower is fried, season with sea salt and serve with the sauce.